Friday, April 17, 2015

Las Vegas Contemporary Art Center Show Photos

I was sorry not to be there in person to enjoy the reception and see all the art, but these photos provide a nice glimpse of the show! (Click on the photos to enlarge them.)

The Las Vegas CAC posted the excellent panoramic shot below on Facebook today. My "Structure 103" print on metal is just right of center, below a photo that won the "People's Choice" award.




Thanks for the photo above go to my friend, Merelyn, who happened
to be in Las Vegas last week and stopped by to see the show.

The Las Vegas Weekly wrote a favorable review of the 45-piece exhibition:

"Command and control. Craftsmanship. A unique voice. Those were the guiding requisites of Contemporary Arts Center’s 26th annual juried show, curated by sculptor Rebekah Bogard and [Los Angeles] painter Max Presneill. . . . 'There’s a little some-thing for everybody,' says CAC VP Erin Stellmon. 'There’s wildly abstract gigantic pieces, and there are more realistic, intimate pieces and figurative works. There are headscratchers that make you think, "I’m not sure if I like this, but I kinda like that I’m not sure.'"

Looks like a fine show in a lovely exhibition space. I'm happy to be a part of it!

Closing date is May 1st. Alios is located at 1217 S. Main St, Las Vegas, NV 89104.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated!